Choice and Change
- 1% of the world’s population controls 40% of the wealth on the planet?
- out of 6.5 billion people, only 1210 are billionaries
- 7 of the 10 wealthiest companies on the planet are oil/gas giants, the other 3 are consumer goods, cars, and insurance
- their combined value sits at over $2 000 000 000 000
- the global insurance industry is worth over $4 000 000 000 000 (that’s more than the current US deficit)
- the richest alternative energy company in the world barely makes the billionaires list.
- 25% of the planet couldn’t afford modern alternative energy even with a 500% increase in earnings.