For those of you that have read my Posts: Changing The World and Summary of the Transition, some of the beginning here might sound like repetition, so feel free to skip the next paragraph. If you have not heard of a Resource Based Economy, please take some time and click here, although I must state that I am not promoting the Venus Project or Jaque Fresco in this post.
The one thing everyone (99.8%) on the planet has in common, is that we are not billionaires. To eliminate this issue and several others, and to fix more than half the problems around the world, we must rid ourselves of the concept that we own possessions. Rather, the the next logical evolutionary step is a shift to a shared global resource based economy. To achieve this economy, there are a number of detailed requirements. These include a Global awareness of a viable alternative economy and plan for transition into this economy, unity of action and purpose, a dynamic autonomous resource management system(designed for efficiency and sustainability), several well organised support programs using experts in various fields to assist with transitions.
Achieving a “world without money” seems like a completely idyllic setup. One that most people would shun very quickly. Looking at the internet after a quick search for The Venus Project will show a great number of people latching onto the lack of a detailed plan of transition into a RBE. I have also joined this bandwagon, and now consider the Venus Project to be an elitist (scarcity based) endeavor. My summary of transition has met with no reply from Mr. Fresco or Miss. Meadows, leaving me with no alternative but to spurn them, and try to gather their followers toward achieving a better world.
This is not simply done. Fresco is the only person to ever truly study a resource based economy in much detail, and so (being that he has been so very secretive about his work), I can only begin to emulate his designs. The principles are simple though.
7 Principles of a Resource Based Economy
- With the correct, direct application of technology geared toward sustainability, a significant improvement in the health, well being, education and productive input of the global general population can be achieved.
- A shared global economy would mean an equal responsibility and accountability for all, as well as access for all to the myriad of advantages of a RBE offers.
- With a shared economy comes a global reduction in crime (around 50% initially, and a further 15% within 10 years) because 50% of all crime is based on ownership and property.
- A shared economy results in a higher amount of educated professionals capable of innovation and improvement, and a complete removal of all inferior products and inefficient production techniques.
- More responsible research projects, that do not suffer from budgetary restrictions, allowing for exponential intellectual growth.
- A Resource Based Economy encourages the fundamental security of all resources for sustainable use, with quality as an end purpose instead infinite growth or profit.
- Technology will allow all redundant and unwanted jobs to be eliminated and/or replaced by more efficient systems, creating abundance, in turn creating new industries and boosting many of the arts.
All of these sound delightful, and so far fetched from the current system, that it is almost impossible to imagine how to get there. Almost. As explained in my post Summary of the Transition, the entire process would require 4 essential phases, the last 3 of which would take approximately 3 years. That post did not define the first phase, Which is predominantly where I am heading now.
Before Unification, Adaptation, or Introduction can take place, there must be: Preparation. Were we to attempt converting to a Resource Based Economy without making the right preparations, the consequences could be dire. We will therefore attempt to be as well prepared for change as possible.
In order for everyone (again 99.8% of the planet) to be prepared, they will require:
- Information: Nobody can make the “right” choice if they do not have information pertaining to their choices. Information to be included in Activism handbook: Reverse Thinking Crash Course:The False Constructs (Ownership, Nationalism, Religion), The explanation of a resource based economy, A complete up-to-date technology report, The self-sustainability guide.
- Self-sustainability: Through the use of open source sharing, a simple set of solutions for home-use can allow the planet’s consumers to get off the the economic grid (reducing global debt in the immediate future and undermining corporate profit interests in resource scarcity). The self-sustainability is only a short term solution, and using built-in obsolescence to reduce reliance in the long term, will allow a smooth transition into a resource-abundant and shared resource society. The self-sustainability guide should include @home:
- energy solutions,
- water purification,
- water heating solutions,
- vertical farm solutions,
- herbal health solutions,
- carbon footprint reduction solutions,
- eco-friendly construction techniques and materials,
- and finally efficient waste recycling and/or disposal.
- The Dynamic Autonomous Resource Management System (DARMS): a high-level encryption AI program, using global supply and demand to manage resources efficiently. Eliminating the human ability to use resource scarcity for profit. This system is vital to a transition, as it will afford people a reprieve from the struggles of logistical and bureaucratic entanglement. Open Source combined with transparency, will allow for the system to function according to the 7 Principles of a Resource Based Economy.
- The Global Social Support Network: Because our biggest resource is people, they need support and nurturing. This is most easily done in the form of a global centralized art network, encouraging expression, acceptance, creativity and tolerance.
These 4 elements will create a global mindset geared for change, prepared for transition and ready to begin the journey toward the freedom of self-governance.
I am currently busy compiling the activism and self-sustainability guides while searching for people that are willing to design and code the DARMS and anyone who wishes to help would be most welcome.
Have you got any ideas you would like to add?